Colour Sketch is a collection of artist’s sketch sheets of classic British landscapes for you to create your own artwork, using coloured pencil, watercolour, acrylic paint, pen and ink or any other medium. Enjoyed adult colouring books? Colour Sketch takes you further; to explore and improve techniques, experiment with different media and styles, develop your artistic skills. The light grey line drawing is the artist’s sketch for you to finish in any style and medium you choose.
Watch my YouTube video of Colour Sketch Cornwall to find out more:
And here’s Colour Sketch Scotland with progress on the Glen Coe sketch (sound on for the music!):
Currently we have the first three editions available of our colouring book and guide. Each celebrates the unique and amazing landscape of an area, the Lake District, Scotland and Cornwall.
- 8 loose-leaf sketch sheets of iconic, well-known views for you to colour and paint. Perfect as a souvenir or gift. Create your own work of landscape art to keep and frame.
- Printed on heavy paper (250gsm), the loose-leaf pages will take watercolour, acrylic, pencil, felt-tip pens, ink or pastels.
- The original sketches are hand-drawn by Irena. They are then printed in light grey line, which you can then either cover or enhance depending on the style you wish to achieve.
- Full colour paperback booklet with a large photograph of each landscape, and a brief description of the area and points of interest, written by Steve.
- Includes details of the location of the view with postcode and OS grid reference, to guide you to the viewpoint.
Use the photograph in the booklet as a guide, or create your own interpretation of each view. Find the location using the OS grid reference, postcode and directions, visit, and even colour from life in the open air.
Slowing down to paint or colour a picture is a wonderful way to take in the view and the world around you. Celebrate the beautiful landscape, dramatic mountains, glistening lakes, and rugged coastline. Relax, enjoy and draw inspiration from the landscape.
We hope you enjoy Colour Sketch as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Irena and Steve