We popped into Cockermouth Art and Craft today, they stock Colour Sketch – Lake District, and Paula showed us her version of Blea Tarn: in watercolour. I like it.
Paula gave us a tip too: use masking tape to stick your sketch sheet to a board if your doing watercolour, it will keep the sheet smoother and when you’ve finished you’ve got a nice clean border – good idea!
Colour Sketch is now in 10 outlets:
- The Heaton Cooper Studio, Grasmere
- Bookends, Keswick
- Theatre by the Lake, Keswick
- Lingholm Estate, Portinscale
- UpFront Gallery, Unthank
- Cockermouth Art and Craft Shop, Cockermouth
- Ambleside Bookshop, Ambleside
- Henry Roberts Bookshop, Ambleside
- Henry Roberts Bookshop, Windermere
- Rheged, Penrith (coming soon!)
If you have a similar outlet in the Lake District and would like to stock Colour Sketch, please do send me an email on email@example.com – I’d love to hear from you!
Colour Sketch – Lake District comprises 8 hand-drawn sketches of Lake District landscapes, printed in light grey for you to colour and explore your style as you wish: watercolour, acrylic, pencil, pen and ink….
See examples on my drawing page.